[Battlemesh] Please vote for the date!! and some open tasks :)

Simon Wunderlich sw at simonwunderlich.de
Sat Jan 17 15:16:35 UTC 2015

Hey txt.file,

On Friday 16 January 2015 15:02:57 txt.file at txtfile.eu wrote:
> Greetings battlemeshers,
>
> I would like to do the "Talk organization/Agende" task.

excellent choice! Thanks for volunteering ;)

> Therefore I have a two questions.
> * Who did this last year?

Elektra and Peg (ameba23), check ou the mailing list archives. :)

> * Is there a list of people to contact with a "call for talk" or just
> look at who will endorse and ask these communities?

The basic "call for talks" mail goes to our battlemesh mailing list and is
usually forwarded by other people to other mailing lists where people think
its appropriate. Of course, you can do the same thing or send it to
people/groups which you would like to invite/motivate to do a talk. :) Going
by last years endorsements list is certainly a good idea ....

Last year we had some "official" mail address where people could send their
talks proposals to, which were then collected (sometimes you have to ask for
an abstract/more details), sorted, possibly rejected (if there are too many
talk proposals or they don't fit the topic at all), scheduled (not all people
stay all the time), etc. Also we had a group of people which were taking care
of that, especially for the talk review it is not a bad thing to do this in a
group. Anyway, for the mail address detail please ask clauz and/or Saverio. :)

Cheers,
    Simon

> kind regards
> txt.file
>
> On 01/13/2015 02:33 PM, Simon Wunderlich wrote:
> > Hey battlemeshers,
> >
> > first, please remember that you have one week left to vote for the date
> > for
> > battlemesh v8:
> >
> > http://doodle.com/u87m93n6mtgtc5nt
> >
> > We have already collected 35 votes so far (thanks a lot everyone), and
> > would appreciate your vote even if you didn't decide if you can make it
> > this year or not. :)
> >
> > As the years before, the Battlemesh is a community event, so we will need
> > volunteers to help us with the organization and support the local team.
> > Here are some tasks which are still open, please let us know on the
> > mailing list if>
> > you could help out on any of them:
> >  * Handling Endorsement - Federico, do you want to take this over again
> >  this
> >
> > year?
> >
> >  * Talk Organization/Agenda - Send out call for talks/workshops, collect
> >  ideas>
> > and proposals, put the into a timetable, collect slides etc afterwards.
> >
> >  * Test preparation/management - create test scenarios or adopt from last
> >
> > year, prepare and discuss them with teams, organize evaluation. As you may
> > know, this is a challenging, but very interesting task :)
> >
> >  * Firmware preparation - We can probably use the WBMv7 firmware, but this
> >
> > would need to be checked and prepared as well - are all the nice new
> > features of all the protocols in? Any bugs squashed? Should it be tested
> > BEFORE the event?
> >
> >  * Logo - design an unique Logo for T-Shirts and Posters :)
> >  * T-Shirts - the first batch of the T-Shirts was printed in Slovenia last
> >
> > year, maybe we can use that again? Any other idea? I probably have a list
> > of how many shirts of which size we had last year ...
> >
> >  * Press Communication - Anyone? (I heard rumors about a PR guy in
> >  Slovenia) ->
> > this could also be divided in local press communication (news papers,
> > radios, etc) and global PR (blogs, news websites, ...)
> >
> >  * Recording and Streaming - we will probably have equipment at the venue,
> >  but>
> > we will need people involved to stream (if that is wanted), post-process,
> > etc ...
> >
> >  * Hardware - is there anyone who can sponsor hardware this year?
> >
> > There are probably more things to do, and also if you have some ideas
> > which
> > are not covered in the previous list, please share them and lets get
> > things
> > done. :)
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> >      Simon