[Battlemesh] Are there olsr2-folks at the Battlemesh?

Bernd Naumann bernd at kr217.de
Wed Jul 22 00:46:03 UTC 2015

Hello dear Battlemeshers,
and Community-Members,

I would ask you, if there will be any attendees at the BattlemeshV8
who are interested in OLSR2 or are using it?

At the Wireless Community Weekend in Berlin this year, there where at
least _one_ guy from Berlin (Basti ...) who showed interest. But since
then, there where no (other) public announcements in the German
communities about experiments /in the wild/ with OLSRd2 (or I missed
it all...)

At the WCW2015 Henning gave me a quick introduction to the code base
of the OONF (Olsr.Org-Network-Framework), but to bad for me that I
have no experience in hacking linux kernel network code or similar.
Anyway...

If there are people interested in OLSR2 and say "Oh yeah,
client-hostname-resolving is easy" and "Dynamic DNS-Server
announcements, and distributing it via dnsmasq are just a few lines"
or whatsoever, then please let me know, and get in touch with me (and
also with Henning Rogge) at the BattlemeshV8. I think Henning would
like that too, if there are people who *can* actually participate at
the development, or at least on the development of plugins; or give
feedback on using it out there in bigger network deployments.

For myself, I just had run a few simple tests in a three node mesh
network, and would also be thankful to find people to share experience
with. The guys from Freifunk Leipzig where interested, but haven't had
resources to participate (yet)...
So, will there be people at the Battlemesh who are using OLSR2 or
would like to hack on it/with it over the week?

Looking forward to meet you in Maribor,
With best greetings,
Bernd from Weimarnetz

- --
Bernd Naumann <bernd at kr217.de>

PGP:   0xA150A04F via pool.sks-keyservers.net
XMPP:  bn at weimarnetz.de