[Battlemesh] Code of conduct

Antonio Quartulli antonio at meshcoding.com
Wed Jul 29 15:46:15 UTC 2015

Hi²!

On 29/07/15 17:34, Dave Taht wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 5:24 PM, Mitar <mitar at tnode.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I noticed that the Battlemesh event does not have code of conduct?
>>
>> I think we should have one. I have seen that people are recommending
>> Django's code of conduct. Maybe we could base it of of it?
>>
>> https://www.djangoproject.com/conduct/
>>
>> Comments? Objections? Can I put it on the wiki and link it from the
>> event page?
>
> I always liked the old SCO's (pre legal nightmare) dress code.
>
> "Clothes should be worn between the hours of 9 and 5."

So no midday bath in a lake nearby? :-P

By the way, do we really need a code of conduct? Did something happen in
the past that makes us think we need such a code?

Everything has always been working "on its own", therefore I am not
really sure we need something like this.

Writing down a code is something rather stronger than just "let's have a
code of conduct" (IMHO) and I am not sure everybody would be comfortable
with that.

Moreover: if we accept it, what will happen if somebody violates any of
its points? We have no "board" to report the misconduct to, so basically
we would be back to handling this as we would not have the code at all :)

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

--
Antonio Quartulli