[Battlemesh] Battlemesh Test & Results Documentation

Thijs van Veen dicht at operamail.com
Wed Jul 29 18:01:25 UTC 2015

Hi Federico,

It looks like a great start.

I like the very brief description of the hidden node issue, but I find
the other descriptions a bit lacking (more focused on the setup than
what the issue is). I think it might be nice to include a more formatted
description of the issues. Something along the lines of:
1. What is the scenario called?
2. When/Why does this scenario occur?
3. What is the topology of the network?
4. Why is this problematic?

For example, for the PowerLAN, it simply says "You create a PowerLAN
setup with 3 adapters lined up like this" and goes on to say many
people can benefit from it. It doesn't really specify WHY people would
benefit from it.

I believe this can be a very simple step towards making things more
approachable for people new to networking.

Also, are there any plans for testing mobility? Seeing as it is a rather
difficult scenario to replicate reliably, I can understand if it's not
in the scope for this year. Either way, I think it would be nice to open
up this topic (how to test) for discussion at the event.

--
  Thijs van Veen
  dicht at operamail.com

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015, at 19:40, Nemesis wrote:
> In previous threads [1] [2] we discussed the need
      of having the documentation of tests and results in human
      readable, easily reproducible format.

> Today I've taken some time to help
            amadeus and convert
              his google docs
                to this type of format.

> Here I wrote a short
                    wrap up, please read:
> http://nemesisdesign.net/blog/thoughts/battlemesh-test-docs/

                    The documentation is hosted at:

> http://battlemesh-test-docs.readthedocs.org/
>
> Sources are
                              available at:

> https://github.com/nemesisdesign/battlemesh-test-docs

                                Feedback welcome! I
                                  hope you like it, if you do,
                                    I'll put effort to improve it during
                                    the event, hopefully showing
                                        to somebody else how to update it, it's very easy, lazy
                                            people can do it from github too!

> If you like it,
                                  I would like to move the ownership of the repo to the
                                        battlemesh github organization,
                                            but to do that I need temporary owner permissions
                                on the org. Let me know what you
                                    think.

        http://ml.ninux.org/pipermail/battlemesh/2015-June/003429.html
          http://ml.ninux.org/pipermail/battlemesh/2015-April/003407.html