[Battlemesh] Code of conduct

Bernd Naumann bernd at kr217.de
Thu Jul 30 14:11:30 UTC 2015

On 07/30/2015 03:42 PM, Ilario wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 2:24 PM, Jonathan Morton
>> <chromatix99 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It can probably be as simple as:
>>>
>>> Don't be a knobhead. If you think someone is being a knobhead,
>>> talk to X.
>>
>> This sounds good... a healthy does of "common sense".
>
> +1 this sounds good also for me. As Nemesis points out, a rigid
> definition of knobhead can be tricky and have backlashes. Anyway
> problems do exist (but this year will be my first attendance to
> WBM, so I have no real basis for discussion) and discussing about
> them is amazingly good.

Hi Ilario,

Last year was my first attempted to the WBMv7 in Leipzig, and I have
to say that this was a really nice week, with lots of discussions and
exchange of experience. Nearly all people I have meet where open and
friendly and liked to answer even /stupid/ questions about basic stuff
- - if you are not that expert on a topic.

I also support the discussion about a /code of conduct/-/don't be an
asshole/-'and how to deal with them...' and can give full support to
the thoughts of mitar and nemesis. (Why to we even need this in the
21. century,....) You don't want to have these people around, and we
are happy that we don't have them yet :)

So, I wish everybody a nice weekend and a safe trip to Maribor!
See you next week!
Bernd

PS: Yep, sometimes you even need bad jokes, but then you have to know
when and where to stop, if they are getting to bad ;) Stay funny and
positive and don't be a Korinthenkacker
(http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/nitpicker.html)

- --
Bernd Naumann <bernd at kr217.de>

PGP:   0xA150A04F via pool.sks-keyservers.net
XMPP:  bn at weimarnetz.de