[Battlemesh] Code of conduct

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Fri Jul 31 14:21:49 UTC 2015

Mitar,

You're certainly right about the potential issues you listed.  My personal
opinion is that these are not solved by writing down a code of conduct,
but by being vigilant and applying social pressure.

I'll put it differently.  It has happened to me to have a few drinks too
many, and it has happened that I have said things that I shouldn't have
said.  The reason I stopped was because my good friends told me to shut
the f*ck up, not because there was a code of conduct on a website somewhere.

So while I have no strong opposition to a code of conduct, I think it's
not the most productive way of spending our time, and I certainly wouldn't
want us to spend time arguing about a code of conduct instead of arguing
about routing protocols.  We should be vigilant, of course, and remember
that good friends are people who tell their friends to shut up when they
go overboard.

> https://events.ccc.de/congress/2012/wiki/29C3_Anti-Harassment_Policy

This document basically says who to contact in case of harrassment,
without attempting to define what harrassment means.  Smart.  I think
that's a good idea, Mitar, you should publish the phone number of somebody
one can call in such cases.

-- Juliusz