[Battlemesh] ns-3 - Network Simulator

Tom Henderson tomh at tomh.org
Thu Nov 19 15:30:42 UTC 2015

On 11/19/2015 03:15 AM, Benjamin Henrion wrote:

> But what I would appreciate for next WBMs is more infos from the
> physical layer, even including RF sniffers/loggers in an outdoor
> environment.
>
> There are too many assumptions from routing protocol mesh developers,
> because most of them stay at layer3.

One thing that I asked Andreas was whether there was available physical
layer data or even athstats logs from operational mesh networks such
that someone could distill it into ns-3 models that would allow better
simulations of community wireless networks or other mesh scenarios.

If someone could provide pointers to any such data, we might try to
design a future student project outline around it.

- Tom