[Battlemesh] Open Tasks - please volunteer!

Simon Wunderlich sw at simonwunderlich.de
Fri Nov 27 10:38:11 UTC 2015

Hi battlemeshers,

as every yeah, we are asking for volunteers for open tasks to make the
Wireless Battle of the Mesh happen. As you all know, Battlemesh is a community
event and the only way to make it as great as the last years is to work on it
together! Therefore, please think if you can take over a task on the list
below to contribute! :)

 * Handling Endorsement - Federico, do you want to take this over again this
year?
 * Talk Organization/Agenda - Send out call for talks/workshops, collect ideas
and proposals, put the into a timetable, collect slides etc afterwards.
 * Test preparation/management - create test scenarios or adopt from last
year, prepare and discuss them with teams, organize evaluation. As you may
know, this is a challenging, but very interesting task :)
 * Firmware preparation - We all agreed to have a stable version BEFORE the
event. Who wants to take care of that? I think I heard Manos volunteering, but
I'm not sure ... ;)
 * Logo - design an unique Logo for T-Shirts and Posters :)
 * T-Shirts - T-Shirts were printed in Slovenia last year, maybe we can use
that again? Any other idea?
 * Press Communication - Anyone? This could also be divided in local press
communication (news papers, radios, etc) and global PR (blogs, news websites,
...)
 * Recording and Streaming - we will probably have equipment at the venue, but
we will need people involved to stream (if that is wanted), post-process, etc
... -> CMSV showed some interest in that, should we sign you up?
 * Hardware - is there anyone who can sponsor hardware this year? I can bring
~7 TP-Links again, but we will need more!

There are probably more things to do, and also if you have some ideas which
are not covered in the previous list, please share them and lets get things
done. :)

Thanks!
     Simon