[Battlemesh] p2p mesh project seeking developers and testers

Huub Schuurmans huubsch at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 11 10:58:14 UTC 2015

Op 11/10/15 om 11:59 schreef Henning Rogge:
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Huub Schuurmans <huubsch at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> What is your reaction to the comment that using HAM for this purpose is
>> illegal?
>
> Doesn't this depend on the country you are living in and if (or if
> not) your network is connected to the internet?

No it is not about internet connection but about legal use of amateur
radio, the comment on the website is (partial quote)
that amateur radio is restricted to non-commercial use, you’d have to
ignore the rules to accomplish what you are proposing.
(unquote)

This comment is referring to FCC rules. I think these rules are similar
in most countries. On wikipedia I read: "The amateur radio service
(amateur service and amateur satellite service) is established by the
International Telecommunication Union (ITU) through the International
Telecommunication Regulations.)."

Huub