[Battlemesh] Forced firmware lockdown in EU already passed

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 13:35:35 UTC 2015

> On 7 Sep, 2015, at 15:19, demos <demos at posteo.de> wrote:
>
> separate the (non-updateable) firmware of the WLAN from the main router logic / OS.

That’s ultimately the essence of the best solution - but I would go further if possible:  to separate the firmware responsible for setting the frequency and power of emissions from everything else.

That would minimise the attack surface, making it more secure, as well as minimising the impact on modifications for legitimate purposes.

 - Jonathan Morton