[Battlemesh] Fwd: draft of my letter to the fcc

Benjamin Henrion zoobab at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 12:30:23 UTC 2015

And a reference to this paragraph would be handy:

"
The firmware for at least one 801.11ac device (ath10k) is actually
based on BSD's
driver stack, and despite that being BSD licensed, FCC concerns over needing
lockdowns - have been a huge factor in delaying the open, public release of that
firmware, so it could be better fixed. FCC's rules have even been
making it impossible
for those with source licenses to that firmware to collaborate – which
includes the
original author of the BSD code!!"