[Battlemesh] It’s do or die now

Monic Meisel monic at monic.de
Fri Sep 25 11:10:10 UTC 2015

Hey Federico,

it is about, most people are just starting to recognize how important the „digital glass of water“ is, that we do offer. More and more cities want to do freifunk as alternative way (they can’t on their own because of the laws), in the refugee crisis we where the first to build quick infrastructure (as we always said), now it is chic to be part of freifunk … parties and politicians want to be freifunk ...

But the german Störerhaftung, the router lockdown, surveillance laws and the privatization of frequencies are lots of things that are about to tackle free networks down… or force some to commercialize and become part of the system, which wanted to change.

We should speak up now and put OUR forces together to talk to politicians, that they make better laws …(Instead that we fix all those with huge personal and technical efforts afterwards.)

I wanted to share this with you :) (and find help with the translation :p)
Best Monic

IMHO we should have more people in Brussels as well … how many are there from edri or similar? And how many of them are free network activists?
I thought about to do an internship at edri myself :) but I am needed in G at the moment plus I am not that good in playing those games, I fear.