[Battlemesh] It’s do or die now

Linus Lüssing linus.luessing at c0d3.blue
Fri Sep 25 17:03:22 UTC 2015

And now I got so emotional to forget to summarize the proposed
change in law:

The provider's privilege shall apply for anyone sharing public
wifi *if*:

* They provide a splash page with a button saying "I don't break
  the law"
* They use encryption (it's unclear whether they actually mean
  authorization and whether authorized and unauthorized parties
  must exist - which would be pretty bad for Freifunk as that's
  the whole thing about it, that anyone can use, extend and
  improve the network as soon as they get a signal; similar to the
  Free Software spirit, no need to get an extra permission or
  to register)

Cheers, Linus