[Battlemesh] quiet RF environment

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 20:31:24 UTC 2016

My old environment at the "yurtlab" *was* radio quiet, however with
comcast APs encroaching on the property there are fewer and fewer
places that are radio quiet.

That said, I do still control most of the radios across 110 acres.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Paul Gardner-Stephen
<paul at servalproject.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have a recent RF quiet zone available at Arkaroola in the Australian
> Outback that we use for Serval.  Noise floor is about -99dBm at 2.4GHz and
> 5GHz.  They also have hills all around, so it isn't hard to get a really
> quiet spot, away from the bit of activity that happens at the village
> itself. They also have a decent internet connection, so it would be possible
> to have remotely controlled equipment there.  Happy to help facilitate
> something if it is interesting to anyone.
>
> Paul.
>
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 12:27 AM, Benjamin Henrion <zoobab at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Quiet RF environment should be a requirement for making reproductible
>> tests:
>>

>> http://hackaday.com/2016/04/13/all-quiet-on-the-west-virginia-border-the-national-radio-quiet-zone/
>>
>> --
>> Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
>> FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762
>> "In July 2005, after several failed attempts to legalise software
>> patents in Europe, the patent establishment changed its strategy.
>> Instead of explicitly seeking to sanction the patentability of
>> software, they are now seeking to create a central European patent
>> court, which would establish and enforce patentability rules in their
>> favor, without any possibility of correction by competing courts or
>> democratically elected legislators."

Dave Täht
http://blog.cerowrt.org