[Battlemesh] Please use babeld 1.7.1

Gui Iribarren gui at altermundi.net
Tue Apr 19 01:00:01 UTC 2016

On 18/04/16 18:37, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see that stable OpenWRT has babeld 1.6.1, which doesn't contain a number
> of changes done in December 2015 (with help from the wlan-si people).
> Could the people responsible for the firmware please make sure that they
> use 1.7.1, which is the version in current snapshots?  This would be much
> more useful for me, since it would provide information about the algorithms
> actually used in recent versions.

i'm not "firmware people" this year, but i'd say you're the best person
to make this happen, not only in terms of interest but mainly in terms
of knowledge!

AFAIU, last year a decision was made to *not use trunk* this year, and
every other protocol developer (except, so far, babeld it seems) took
the time to backport their version of interest to 15.05.1, so i'm sure
it won't take you long to prepare a a pull request against
openwrt-routing/packages that can be merged on a special branch (wbmv9)
or something, backporting 1.7.1 on top of 15.05.1 :)

cheers!