[Battlemesh] Please use babeld 1.7.1

Gui Iribarren gui at altermundi.net
Wed Apr 20 11:34:53 UTC 2016

On 19/04/16 22:18, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 03:00:01AM +0200, Gui Iribarren wrote:
>> On 18/04/16 18:37, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>>> I see that stable OpenWRT has babeld 1.6.1, which doesn't contain a number
>>> of changes done in December 2015 (with help from the wlan-si people).
>>> Could the people responsible for the firmware please make sure that they
>>> use 1.7.1, which is the version in current snapshots?  This would be much
>>> more useful for me, since it would provide information about the algorithms
>>> actually used in recent versions.
>>
>> AFAIU, last year a decision was made to *not use trunk* this year, and
>> every other protocol developer (except, so far, babeld it seems) took
>> the time to backport their version of interest to 15.05.1, so i'm sure
>> it won't take you long to prepare a a pull request against
>> openwrt-routing/packages that can be merged on a special branch (wbmv9)
>> or something, backporting 1.7.1 on top of 15.05.1 :)
>
> I think it's ok, babeld 1.7.1 is already present in for-15.05:
>
>   https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/tree/for-15.05/babeld
>
> Unless packages for the battlemesh are taken from somewhere else?

hehe, thanks baptiste! you're right, i just checked and my buildroot
for-15.05 already compiled babeld_1.7.1-1_ar71xx.ipk

juliusz, i imagine that the "OpenWrt stable" you checked was actually
the first release 15.05, published in downloads.openwrt.org, before
babeld 1.7.1 was merged,
in any case, problem solved, i can confirm we'll test babeld 1.7.1 at
the WBMv9

cheers!!

gui