[Battlemesh] FCC Contacts about Wifi Regulations

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 09:39:34 UTC 2016

I am not huge on a separate style of power connector. It raises costs,
and makes for finding the right plug in an emergency situation harder.

With the rise of usb micro plugs, and now usb-3.1c we are entering a
world where we can power anything from anything, over a combined
power/network bus, and to me that seems like a more efficient way to
go. I gave a talk on this at ietf:

https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/96/slides/slides-96-babel-3.pdf

latter third of:

http://recs.conf.meetecho.com/Playout/watch.jsp?recording=IETF96_BABEL&chapter=chapter_1
)

The disconnect between the decline in costs, the rise of extreme
integration, open source and regulation and the public safety needs to
be fixed, and continuing to to carry our problems back to the
regulators in terms they can understand seems to be a good option.
Recently for example, a set of patches enabling wifi on a few special
wifi channels reserved for emergency services was rejected because
someone could abuse those frequencies, and me, I kept imagining a
tsunami hitting california and trying to pick up the pieces with
whatever equipment was available.