[Battlemesh] Proposal for battlemesh v10 "testbed"

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Fri Dec 16 00:32:30 UTC 2016

> To me it looks like it's actually any layer 3 routing protocol
> "lagging behind": Within all these years, to my knowledge no roaming,
> capabilities for external devices were added to any of these.

Support for mobility of unmodified devices is certainly a strength of
layer-2 routing protocols, and I don't think anyone is denying that.
Stressing this important feature as an advantage of Batman-Adv over
layer-3 routing protocols is a perfectly fair thing to do.

> Sure, we can juggle with fancy numbers,

On the other hand, dismissing experimental data just because the results
are inconvenient is unworthy of you, Linus.

-- Juliusz