[Battlemesh] new tests this year?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 15:55:23 UTC 2016

# Aircaps

I would really like  big "sniffer" station or three deployed to look
at behaviors in the air.

# Bigger route tables

When I observed wlan-slovenia sending 14 packets of route update due
to the size of their mesh, it occurred to me that one thing we have
not been testing
is what happens when you have that many routes.

It would be fairly straightforward to equip the wibed testbed (or
another one) with a route table say 2x  the size of wlan-slovenia, or
guifi, to observe what really happens as devices come and go (setting
up same in ns3 might be interesting as well)

# 802.11s

With eero and google both shipping 802.11s solutions - this is the
year of "mesh" - but not a lot is known about how they actually work.
Setting up an 802.11s network would be good to add... (or at least
invite someone from these places to talk about it)

# AP mode

adhoc is dying, what can be done with a mixture of adhoc and AP mode?
What does powersave due to meshy protocols?

# IoT interop

802.14 + X?

Another thought is sprinkle devices like the chip or pi3 around as
test targets, as well as laptops, etc....

# Mobility

*somebody's* gotta have a drone or robot we could fly around the place
on a set course with a couple extra wifi antennas attached.....

# Distributed address assignment

the homenet protocol (hnetd/hncpd) has yet to have a large scale test against it

# 802.11ad?

--
Dave Täht
http://blog.cerowrt.org