[Battlemesh] ipv6 prefix delegation in layer 3 mesh networks

Henning Rogge hrogge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:12:34 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 3:05 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>> we increase the timeout for a "link" between two HNCP nodes to 1
>> hour... and when one link times out, we time out every link where the
>> timeout is already 30 minutes old.
>
> What happens when a link gets partitioned?  Broken connectivity for up to
> one hour?

Connectivity is the job of the routing protocol.

A partitioned mesh would mean that the allocated prefixes don't get
freed for the next 30-60 minutes.

In theory we could add some kind of feedback from the routing...
something like "if no route exists to node X for time Y, assume its
gone" but that would introduce a circular dependency between routing
an HNCP.

Henning