[Battlemesh] ipv6 prefix delegation in layer 3 mesh networks

Benjamin Henrion zoobab at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:27:12 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>> A node that wants to use one or more prefixes gets a list of available
>> prefixes and the responsible gateway ips through the routing daemon.
>
> Now a node that has received a prefix delegation is going to assign
> prefixes to its connected interfaces, and announce these prefixes over the
> routing protocol, right?  How do the other nodes distinguish between
> prefixes that are made available for PD, and prefixes that have been
> delegated and assigned to individual nodes (that don't run a DHCPv6-PD
> server)?
>
> Note that the scheme that you're describing is similar to what I was doing
> with AHCP:
>
>   http://www.pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/ahcp/
>
> I've decided to deprecate AHCP and work with the Homenet group instead.
> While AHCP works fine, it's better to work with the community on a common
> set of protocols.

As long as they provide working code, most of those standard groups
keeps on writing specifications, not working implementations.

I don't know if that's the case with the Homenet group.

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762