[Battlemesh] ipv6 prefix delegation in layer 3 mesh networks

Henning Rogge hrogge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:44:31 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 3:28 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>> Connectivity is the job of the routing protocol.
>
> Not within a single subnet.  If a link has two "internal" HNCP routers, it
> will get a single subnet, and non-HNCP hosts on the link will use
> link-local communication between them.  OTOH, it should work fine if you
> assume "ad-hoc" or "mesh" HNCP routers, and no non-HNCP hosts.  Is that
> the kind of deployment you have in mind?

My scenario was that we have "mesh" interfaces where HNCP "routers"
talk to each other and we have "attached something" interfaces which
provide DHCP/RA for the non-routers attached to them.

so no "hybrid" interface where you have multiple routers AND hosts who
need DHCP/RA.

> I'd be quite willing to implement that in shncpd, but I'd like to first
> have some experimental results of how well normal HNCP behaves in your
> mesh networks.

I will try to get some results when we moved to the new building
(which will most likely happen at the end of this month).

Henning