[Battlemesh] [bufferbloat-fcc-discuss] Action: fixing *WRT and the FCC

David Lang david at lang.hm
Thu Feb 18 22:34:37 UTC 2016

On Thu, 18 Feb 2016, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> There's a DFS implementation for ath9k. It's been around for a while! :)
>
> (I really keep meaning to port/reimplement it for freebsd...)

does it actually work? I was looking into it a few weeks ago and everything I
was reading on it seemed to be saying that eventually it would detect
'something' and reset the router to channel 36, no matter what the real
situation is.

remember how rare the radar is that they are fussing about. It's only installed
at ~50 airports around the country, and is a pencil beam off the end of the
runway with a shart upwards angle. These radars are also being phased out.

This whole mess is people being afraid of what may happen, not reacting to
snything that did happen.

David Lang