[Battlemesh] [FCC] What hardware still works?

Benjamin Henrion zoobab at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 16:08:52 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Adam Longwill
<adam.longwill at metamesh.org> wrote:
> We have contracts to fulfill. Can we start a discussion here about what
> hardware still works? What about Ligowave who came to Battlemesh v8? They
> said they gave out unlock codes. Do any of you use them? What hardware are
> you STILL buying that STILL works?
>
> Also, is it possible to use the JTAG interface to reflash a router and erase
> locked down firmware or is it the same as ethernet flashing- I've never done
> it.

Yes, depends on the SoC, and if the JTAG pins are properly exposed.

After that, the JTAG software needs to support your flash chip.

Otherwise, since nowadays most flash chips are SPI ones in SOIC8
format, it is easier to just use a buspirate with a 4x2 clamp hooked
on the chip, and you will be able to reflash it:

http://www.dhresource.com/0x0s/f2-albu-g1-M00-CA-EB-rBVaGFQ_GG6AHCR0AAEtkRTBPOQ099.jpg/updated-ic-clamp-soic8-sop8-ic-clip-1-adapter.jpg

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762