[Battlemesh] What hardware still works?

Adam Longwill adam.longwill at metamesh.org
Wed Feb 24 22:16:37 UTC 2016

How much would everyone trust these off-brand Chinese models like the one
linked above (
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/GIGABIT-MediaTek-MT7621-chipset-openWRT-wifi_60348958882.html?spm=a2700.7724857.29.1.eUluma&s=p)
or this one that looks eerily similar to a Nanostation and in fact is
referred to as a Nanostation in the description (bit.ly/20VOkuK)?

Are these viable alternatives?

And if they are (since at least the Mediatek one has OpenWRT installed
already), I think it would be useful to talk about organizing a group
purchase of these devices (I know coordinating it could be a nightmare, but
if it's a viable choice...) if there is enough need for them. I know Meta
Mesh is a few days away from knowing whether or not we will receive a grant
to install 180 routers... so, there's that.