[Battlemesh] Atheros chips [was: 802.11ac improvements]

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Fri Feb 26 00:43:50 UTC 2016

> https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Qualcomm_Atheros

Thanks, interesting link.

Could somebody who understands this stuff explain the logic behind their
SoC cores?  The .11n design use single-core 24K and 74K MIPS chips, while
the single .11ac design uses quad-core Cortex-A7.

Why the switch to ARM, and why the quad-core Cortex-A7 instead of
a single- or dual-core Cortex-A9, which would probably give better
performance with a simpler design?

(I know, I know, I'm an old man and don't get this multi-core goodness.)

-- Juliusz