[Battlemesh] Android wifi meshing

Ryan Hughes ryan at iheartryan.com
Mon Feb 29 15:33:46 UTC 2016

> Wifi-Direct is AP-Mode with the group of nodes automatically choosing
> the AP. Still no mesh.

What about something goofy like being in AP mode and client mode at the
same time?  I believe a lot of chipsets have a hard time doing that.  But
perhaps something could be done about knitting together multiple
wifi-direct groups?  Maybe chipsets have an easier time doing that.

I dunno.  Just tossing out some ideas for workarounds.

Does anybody know what is google's reason for not including IBSS in
android?  It didn't say in that bugtracker thread.  It was just a lot of
begging.

--Ryan