[Battlemesh] WBMv9 Hostel Invoices

Simon Wunderlich sw at simonwunderlich.de
Wed Jul 20 10:45:07 UTC 2016

Miguel,

as I've recommended multiple times to you: Could you please contact Filipe and
work out those things personally? You've been avoiding each opportunity to
discuss problems during the event with him, and even after the event. I think
it would be best if you discuss with him directly and work things out. If you
can't work it out with him (and please DO TRY FIRST), I'm happy to mediate -
with BOTH parties, not behind backs. But we (as the participants/mailing list
members) don't have anything to do with those conflicts.

We (as the participants) do not know about Portugese tax laws, and I don't see
why we should care. As far as I reviewed the process, there wasn't anything
shady at all. Did you review the registration process yourself? Did you talk
to the Hostel managers? Did you read the financial reports? Unless you do,
please refrain from making these accusations, especially on personal level -
it is just rude. Without proper backing of those accusations, all you spread
here is FUD [1] or even conspiracy theories, which hurt not only Filipe but
our event as a whole. And even if you find irregularities, its not the
battlemesh mailing list to judge, but the responsible Portugese authorities.

Again, please know that I won't tolerate this kind of behavior on the mailing
list, but I'm happy to help and mediate to solve those problems.

Cheers,
     Simon

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt