[Battlemesh] new tunneling vpn: wireguard

Benjamin Henrion zoobab at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 14:44:47 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 4:40 PM, Henning Rogge <hrogge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 3:58 PM, Mitar <mitar at tnode.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> People who need encryption, why not use in-kernel l2tp tunnels + IPSec?
>> Why custom crypto implementation would be better?
>>
>> From our testing, for any reasonable crypto you need hardware support.
>> Do people know if any hardware chip is supported on any of those WiFi
>> routers by OpenWrt?
>
> IPsec is a mess to get right... if you get it right at all.

On some IPsec howto by some manufacturer, it was mentioned that you
might need to contact your network administrators to allow IPSec
packets (they are not UDP nor TCP). Nice for the industry "standard"
for VPNs.

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762