[Battlemesh] What hardware still works?

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Mon Mar 7 13:24:01 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 01:51:52PM +0100, Alejandro Martin wrote:
> Afaik Linksys Wrt54g v1.0 came with wifi in a mini-pci or mini-pciE card
> and costed less than 60 €.
Yes, some (early) versions had a mini-pci module, similar to the
ASUS WL-500g Premium.
However, the price is still more than 3x as much as we pay for similar,
but more up-to-date hardware today; most cheap routers come with a
single WiSoC + RAM + Flash...

Apart from that, I'm not sure if modularization will truly solve the
problem as it would still require that devices are assembled by
end-users (and not re-sold as a whole) as well as suitable hardware
components (especially SoftMAC WiFi mPCIe modules) being available...