[Battlemesh] What hardware still works?

fboehm fboehm at aon.at
Thu Mar 10 05:48:49 UTC 2016

Am 10.03.2016 um 01:32 schrieb Jonathan Morton:
> And its approach to spectrum allocation is interesting - it will use channels 12-14 if it can hear other wifi devices already using them, but remain silent on them otherwise.
Creative approach :) I assume they are only listening for beacons.

But it's also one more evidence that the regulations around shared
spectrum are in need of improvement.

For example channel 13 would be available in many countries but as some
Wifi devices have wrong country settings they anyway won't connect to an
access point on channel 13. That means in practice you are better off
not using channel 12 or 13.

Franz