[Battlemesh] My thoughts to setup a citywide mesh network

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 12:47:07 UTC 2016

> The project should start in Zuerich with 450 fixed and 400 mobile routers in Zuerich downtown.

Grüezi,

I am located in Zürich downtown. Your project is interesting. Is it a
company project or a community project ? There is a WiFi community in
ZH ?

> Helping people to bond different internet connections (Home-routers, USB-SIM Dongles, mobile Data plans) may be the way to setup a
> Mesh in my hometown.

What you are describing does not sound like a mesh network, it is more
like a hotspot federation with multiple kind of uplinks.
I guess you are planning to leave the clients untouched, so I dont
understand why you need OLSR for.
Also I dont get why you want to use a calculated combination of SSID
and password. It is equivalent of not using encryption at all in terms
of security.

It is diffucult to suggest hardware in these post-FCC-fuckups days.
However in your use case you are talking about indoor access points
right ?

Saverio