[Battlemesh] [OpenWrt-Devel] Request for Feedback - prplwrt Software Support Program - initial draft

Simon Wunderlich sw at simonwunderlich.de
Tue Mar 15 11:54:57 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 15 March 2016 10:14:03 Saverio Proto wrote:
> > who says that we have to involve them into a decisional process? All they
> > do is offer money for some projects in which industry partners are
> > interested in as well. Of course, bringing the contributions back to
> > upstream should be made a requirement, but I don't really see anything
> > bad in this.
>
> did you read this ?
> PSSP proposal:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b5LwqNPUasSafP-3NLwnV7rXRRUPDfj5yrU772d
> kpoc/edit?usp=sharing

Yes I did read it. So what? They want to decide what and who they fund. This
is perfectly fine IMHO, and actually all company backed (OpenWRT) developers
probably operate the same way by fulfilling their companies goals.

Still, decision which changes and features are merged upstream still relies
with the community completely.

Where do you see the problem?

Cheers,
    Simon