[Battlemesh] ipv6 prefix delegation in layer 3 mesh networks

Philipp Borgers borgers at mi.fu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 16 12:55:33 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 01:43:50PM +0100, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> >> making HNCP work well in mesh networks.  The benefits would be huge -- the
> >> same configuration protocol would be used in community meshes and in
> >> commercial home routers, with seamless interoperability between the two
> >> worlds.)
>
> > This sounds like we should setup a small testnet. Thanks for
> > your suggestions.
>
> Did anything come out of that?

We are in the process of setting up a virtual test network. Documentation and
code can be found (in the future) here:

https://git.imp.fu-berlin.de/maderrobert/freifunk/tree/master

So far we "tested" source specific routing with olsrd2 and babel. We currently
trying to setup a bmx6 network but failed so far because we are to stupid to
understand the configuration.

I don't see how HNCP solves "our" problem but it will definitly be part of our
adventure.

As a next step we plan to implement a dhcpv6 unicast client.

Stay tuned!

Best Philipp, Robert