[Battlemesh] gnunet and cjdns not yet in 15.05.1 (and thus, in WBMv9)

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Mon May 2 15:35:49 UTC 2016

Hi everyone!

Warning: don't waste your time on this unless everything else works :)

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 04:50:40PM +0200, Gui Iribarren wrote:
> I'd love if someone (dangowrt? lgierth?) wants to backport these
> packages and make them work in 15.05.1, then i'd happily reintegrate
> them into the experiments :)

I just updated the gnunet-15.05 feed on github which provides gnunet
and all needed (updated) dependencies for Chaos Calmer:
https://github.com/dangowrt/gnunet-15.05/tree/battlemesh

I also uploaded binaries for ar71xx, so you can use this source in
/etc/opkg/customfeeds.conf (or was it still just /etc/opkg.conf in CC?)
or use it with the ImageBuilder:

src/gz chaos_calmer_gnunet https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dangowrt/gnunet-15.05/binaries/ar71xx

As I said before, I don't believe things will work well on 15.05.1,
but it might be enough for simple vpn/overlay things which is all
needed for performance measurements.
Note that you will have to setup some interfaces for UDP/UDPv6
multicast to work (eg. using static addresses or something like AHCP)

Example:

On the node running iperf:

opkg install gnunet gnunet-vpn gnunet-transport-dv
uci set gnunet.iperf=gnunet-exit-service
uci set gnunet.iperf.TCP_REDIRECTS='5201:169.254.86.1:5201'
# allow IPv4 packets to originate from the exit-gnunet
uci set gnunet.exit.EXIT_IPV4='YES'
# allow only packets to the interface address itself (no forwarding)
uci set gnunet.exit.EXIT_RANGE_IPV4_POLICY='169.254.86.1'
uci commit gnunet
/etc/init.d/gnunet restart
# write down peer's ID:
gnunet-peerinfo -s -q
iperf3 -s

On intermediate nodes:
opkg install gnunet gnunet-vpn gnunet-transport-dv
/etc/init.d/gnunet restart

On the node connecting to iperf:
opkg install gnunet gnunet-vpn gnunet-transport-dv
/etc/init.d/gnunet restart
# use peerid acquired from gnunet-peerinfo on the node running iperf3
vpnip=$(gnunet-vpn -p ${peerid} -t -s iperf)
# this should output an IPv4 routed through the vpn-gnunet interface
iperf3 -c ${vpnip}

Cheers

Daniel