[Battlemesh] NetJSON advancements since battlemesh v8 slides

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu May 5 15:07:02 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 7:53 AM, Nemesis <nemesis at ninux.org> wrote:
> Here are the slides of my talk:
> http://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV9/Agenda?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=netjson-battlemesh-v9.pdf

Encouraging.

> For more information please see http://netjson.org
>
> Most of you will be interesed in implementations:
> http://netjson.org/docs/implementations.html

Keying off of "Publish the rfc draft 1" slide...

I note that the popular usage of the term "RFC" mirrors the original
intent of the ietf's "Request for comments" - an attempt to write
things down well enough for other people to understand and implement.
It's totally apt... except that the ietf no longer uses the term that
way!

As the ietf evolved into a standards org (an SDO), the term RFC in the
ietf has grown to be a formal document, heavily reviewed before it
gets published as a numbered standard.

So inside the ietf, you tend to refer to works in progress as
"Internet drafts", until they are formally published as RFCs.

There's some rfc describing this shift in usage, but I forget which one it is.

> Federico

Dave Täht
http://blog.cerowrt.org