[Battlemesh] Oh, the testbed... it's alive!

Gui Iribarren gui at altermundi.net
Fri May 6 08:58:55 UTC 2016

We're very much happy to announce that the wibed testbed is fully up &
running,
it was technically running already on tuesday morning (when we started
to run the protocols), but we spent the past two days (Federico and
Alessandro, mainly) debugging each protocols configs, and finishing up
implementing correctly the addressing scheme.
we hit a showstopper bug yesterday (thursday) evening, where nodes would
enter in a reboot loop as soon as starting the experiment
i brought 4 nodes to the hotel and spent the night to get the final bits
straight (the bug turned to be caused by BATMAN_V, which as accidentally
active by default even on first boot) and during the very early morning
we tested all the protocols again with Axel, everything was working great!
Axel saw in first person the PMTU breakage that is caused by current
bmx6/7, and we put a quick workaround.
Linus is by my side, just before heading to the airport back home,
documenting the kernel panic that BATMAN_V causes, so it will be fixed ASAP
Henning also joined the earlybird party, debugged olsr2' detection of
wifi interfaces, we discussed a bit some wbmv9 lessons learned, and set
the priorities for today

We're going to the university now, where the rest of the testbed (~40
nodes) is already deployed since yesterday, to finally battle the day away!

cheers! \o/ \o/ \o/

gui