[Battlemesh] Gigabit switch/router openwrt with SFP

fboehm fboehm at aon.at
Sat May 7 06:29:22 UTC 2016

Am 07.05.2016 um 08:07 schrieb David Lang:
> But with an router, AP, TV, DVD, Tivo, Laptop, links to other parts of
> the house, an 8 port switch starts to get crowded really quickly

I see. Your use-case is private home with more than 8 Ethernet devices.

You likely know the block diagram of the Routerboard CRS125. It
basically shows that it's an AR9344 router piggybacking on a proprietary
switch chip. Therefore the additional computing power.

http://i.mt.lv/routerboard/files/CRS125-131112144104.pdf

I have seen 24-port switches in the typical rack format that have plenty
of physical space in their housing. If you embedded some AR93xx router
into it you basically have a similar setup like the Routerboard CRS125.

Well, without the touchscreen :)

Franz