[Battlemesh] No results again

fboehm fboehm at aon.at
Mon May 9 11:34:07 UTC 2016

Am 09.05.2016 um 09:36 schrieb Benjamin Henrion:
> I have long time advocated for a permanent outdoor testbed somewhere,
> where people could run their scenarios.

What are the MINIMUM requirements for a permanent outdoor test
infrastructure? I might have an opportunity to start one. I thought
there's already something like this in place at some university.

* How many nodes?
* Which radios per node? ath9k, ath10k, 2.4GHz, 5GHz
* What antenna types? Omni, sector, directional?
* What node distance/density?

I'm asking this details because I'm a typical hardware/electronics guy
with hands on experience installing outdoor equipment. So my focus would
be things like power supply, weather conditions, out-of-band remote
management, ...

The environment would be a rather RF silent rural area. Distances of
tens to hundreds of meters between nodes possible.

Franz