[Battlemesh] flent tests run?

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Mon May 9 11:54:19 UTC 2016

Hi!

I also volunteered to run some flent tests on OLSR, however, I wasn't
aware that this volunteer position ("We need a laptop for the far end
of some tests!", me: "Sure, we can use mine.") would require me to
understand and *select* the tests to run with flent, a graphical tool
I have never used before and didn't perceive to be very stable (it
crashed a lot, depending on the test chosen).
Being on that far-away egde of the mesh, I managed to run two tests and
went back to report and ask which tests to actually run. By that time,
we were already wrapping up and decided to stop at this point :(
The sad thing was imho that at this stage we had the testbed sorted out
and all left was to run the actual tests and maybe some minor fixes for
some protocols -- imho the main problem this year was to use a common
overlay for ALL protocols which wasn't ready in time.
Having an overlay for each protocol also has the layer 8+ advantage of
the protocol teams really feeling responsible for 'their' overlay and
testing to start once one of them is ready.

Anyway, find the results of the two tests I run on OLSR attached.

Cheers

Daniel