[Battlemesh] No results again

Simon Wunderlich sw at simonwunderlich.de
Mon May 9 16:01:01 UTC 2016

On Monday 09 May 2016 17:52:39 nemesis wrote:
>  Yes, indeed it was not totally useless. Also Henning found a bug in
>  OLSRd2.
>  But we can achieve much more than this, and we should really do that:
>  because we need it for our networks to run better, because we can, we
>  have the resources and the technical skills to do it. As Toke wrote in a
>  previous email, the problem here lies from layer 8 upwards.
>
>  Let me also ask you Simon, who is being expelled by whom and how?
>
>  Roger unsubscribed from this mailing list and is implying he's feeling
>  expelled.
>  What does he have to do with this debate? He came on the last days of
>  the event and he did not seem to have participated in the test process,
>  so I don't see why he should feel responsible, accused or expelled for
>  anything; those of us who participated all did various mistakes and
>  crashed the testbed a few times, we should all expel ourselves then ;-)

That's exactly my point. Nobody can expel anyone. And I don't think we should
take these debates too personally - on the other hand, we must keep the level
of debate professional. I can understand that it upsets people who have put
lots of sweat and heart into preparing something, getting their work
generically called  "fundamentally flawed" without any further, specific
technical criticism. It's not fair, I don't like seeing something like this on
the mailing list. Lets be professional, let us criticize specific things which
we can improve, or work actively on alternatives if we don't see a way to fix
it.

Cheers,
     Simon