[Battlemesh] [Fwd: [DC3] Fwd: [bestbits] Request of information: public wifi and personal data protection]

Philipp Borgers borgers at mi.fu-berlin.de
Wed Aug 2 11:10:55 UTC 2017

The local public transport company in Berlin "Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe BVG"
implemented recently a public wifi:

http://www.bvg.de/de/Aktuell/BVG-Wi-Fi

They partner with hotsplots to provide a public wifi and the terms of use can be
found here:

http://www.hotsplots.de/auth/login.php?res=notyet&nasid=BVG-Bahnhoefe

There was in "debate" in the local parlament too that provides maybe additional
information:

https://kleineanfragen.de/berlin/18/10237-wlan-im-berliner-oepnv-i-oeffentliches-wlan-der-bvg

Seems like they provide with "proper" access without selling our souls to the
devil.

If you need help translating I can ask a good friend of mine.

Best Philipp