[Battlemesh] Divide and Conquer? (Was: Summary of the futuristic meeting)

Henning Rogge hrogge at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 06:47:14 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 10:59 PM, Linus Lüssing
<linus.luessing at c0d3.blue> wrote:
> # Firmware
>
> I liked the little LibreMesh / Gluon meeting we had in Vienna.
> Maybe we can continue our discussions and try to make our
> frameworks flexible enough in a way that maybe both might be
> able to provide a suitable, stable firmware for a testbed next
> year, from day 0? Next to a stable, well-tested firmware
> LibreMesh/Gluon would be able to provide a firmware which is close
> to a firmware you would/could run in the wild (e.g. a user could
> just unselect some packages / keep the protocol which won the
> contest(s) which fits his/her use-case best).
>
> Of course, if someone would want to compile and test a new/dedicated
> firmware, with maybe some LEDE/OpenWrt trunk version again, that
> shouldn't conflict. (For instance Gluon/LibreMesh could just use
> the first days? As historically a custom firmware historically was
> never ready before day 3?)

How easy would it be to run all the routing protocols hand-configured
on the distribution to make sure you don't have strange interactions
between some distribution scripts and the protocol? I liked the
solution this year (base LEDE firmware, tests controlled via SSHd)
quite a lot.

Henning