[Battlemesh] Ermanno Pietrosemoli, Venezuela and wifi

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at riseup.net
Fri Jul 7 20:19:46 UTC 2017

Bringing Internet to Venezuela's Remote Regions
Ermanno Pietrosemoli, 11.05.2017
https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/development/2017/05/bringing-internet-venezuelas-remote-regions-while-setting-world-record

Ermanno Pietrosemoli has set a new record for the longest communication
Wi-Fi link
by Michael Kanellos, 18.06.2017
https://interred.wordpress.com/2007/06/18/ermanno-pietrosemoli-has-set-a-new-record-for-the-longest-communication-wi-fi-link/

Dear Quiliro, dear friends,

Ermanno live in Merida in Venezuela and worked at the ULA. He act in the
"Escuela de Redes". In this time, i lived in Merida and want connect to
him, he stay in Italy.

Now he create a WiFi connection over 382 km. 3 Mb, not much. But maybe
much better and cheaper then the satelite "Simon Bolivar".

I have no connection to him and don't know, where he is working. He act
also at the university in Trier in Germany.

The core seems to be the antenna construction. Maybe, you are more
intersted and find a connection to him. With Google Serach (or other)
"Ermanno Pietrosemoli" you find many interesting information.

And please, report it in the FSFla list. I am sure, there are many
people with interest for them.

many greetings, willi
Asuncion, Paraguay