[Battlemesh] NetJSON configuration > AirOS & Raspbian

Nemesis nemesis at ninux.org
Mon Jul 24 10:28:10 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I've got some interesting updates on the configuration front of NetJSON.

2 GSOC student of OpenWISP are working really hard to add support for
AirOS and Raspbian to OpenWISP 2.

To achieve this result their first step is to implement these 2
configuration backends in netjsonconfig, the configuration nengine of
OpenWISP 2.

As days and sweat go by, we are gradually getting to something
interesting. It's not production ready yet but I think the results are
already showing the potential of NetJSON, especially if we think about
the fact that NetJSON is still young and not very mature: we'll need to
keep refining the spec between 2017 and 2018 now that we have so much
feedback from real world implementations!

If you are curious to check out their work, here are the links to their
github pull requests:

Raspbian: https://github.com/openwisp/netjsonconfig/pull/92
AirOS: https://github.com/openwisp/netjsonconfig/pull/91

Federico