[Battlemesh] Workshop participants account activation

Albert Rafetseder albert.rafetseder+v10 at univie.ac.at
Thu Jun 8 08:57:55 UTC 2017

Am 05/06/17 um 12:24 schrieb Charalampos Manolidis:
> This is an announcement to the people interested in participating to the
> “Replicating Battlemesh on open wireless testbeds” workshop. Participants
> of this workshop will have the chance to run mesh networking experiments on
> WITest and ORBIT testbeds.
>
> In order for the participants to have access to the testbeds and be able to
> try out the experiments, they need to have their GENI wireless account
> pre-activated. It’s really important that all the participants have their
> GENI wireless account activated and have verified that they can log on to
> the testbed console before the beginning of the workshop.
>
> You can use this tutorial to get a GENI account: https://goo.gl/FBcjRt
> <https://goo.gl/FBcjRt>

And here, as a public service for those not wanting to "click through"
to see the PDF, the inline Markdown version of the document:

"""
This page describes how to set up a GENI wireless account and verify
that it works on both the ORBIT and WITest testbeds.

# Get a GENI wireless account

To use wireless resources on ORBIT or WITest with your GENI
account, you need:

* to have an account on the GENI Portal
* Go to https://portal.geni.net/
* Sign in with your university account, or (if you do not belong to
one of the affiliated universities) click “Can't login via any of
the above organizations? Request a login here” and get an
account from the National Center for Supercomputing
Applications.
* to have SSH keys set up in the GENI Portal.
* Click on your username > SSH Keys, and upload a public key.
* to be part of a project where wireless is enabled.
* For this workshop, join the battlemeshv10​project.

# Verify that you can log on to the testbed console

To access GENI wireless resources, you'll need to log in to a testbed
console. Verify that you can log on to a testbed console with your GENI
wireless username and SSH key.

Your GENI wireless username is typically your regular GENI username,
prefixed with "geni-". For example, my GENI wireless username is
"geni-ffund".

* Verify that you can log in to WITest:
SSH into witestlab.poly.edu with your GENI wireless
username and keys associated with your GENI Portal account.

* Verify that you can log in to ORBIT:
SSH into gw.orbit-lab.org with your GENI wireless username
and keys associated with that account.

# Verify that you can log on to the testbed website
For a tutorial, a group reservation will already have been created.
However, to use wireless resources outside of this tutorial, you'll need to
reserve time on the testbed you want to use. The following is for
practice​ - not for making a reservation right now!

* To reserve time on WITest, go to https://witestlab.poly.edu. Click
on the user icon in the top right, and choose "Log in with GENI".
Log in with your GENI Portal account and agree to send your
information to the WITest site. Then, in the WITest site menu,
choose "Testbed > Make a reservation". Click on the calendar to
submit a reservation request.

* To reserve time on ORBIT, go to https://geni.orbit-lab.org. Log in
with your GENI Portal account and agree to send your information
to the ORBIT site. Then, on the ORBIT site, choose "Control
Panel". In the calendar interface, locate the grid square
corresponding to the testbed you want and the time you want it,
and submit a reservation request.

# Find wireless experiments to try out

You can find a variety of wireless experiments, including experiments
involving WiFi, cellular networks, and software defined radio, on the
“Run My Experiment on GENI” blog at https://witestlab.poly.edu/blog
"""