[Battlemesh] Info on Airtime Fairness Off/On Testing

Paul Fuxjaeger paul.fuxjaeger at gmx.at
Fri Jun 9 12:04:34 UTC 2017

Toke says we can very easily do this:

Airtime fairness fixes ship in LEDE 17.01 and are turned on by default.

Turn off:
echo 0 > /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/ath9k/airtime_flags

Turn on:
echo 7 > /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/ath9k/airtime_flags

> The scheduler is there and will do its thing on each node.
> However, it is not clear how that translates to fairness across the
> mesh is a different matter; and I have not done any testing of that.

uh, you mean that's unknown territory :-D

> I just did re-run my basic validation test on my testbed but using
> IBSS mode instead of AP mode. Attaching the airtime plot of the
> three stations; the purple one at the top is running at a lower rate
> than the others (36 Mbps instead of 54 Mbps), but as you can see they
> share airtime nicely :)

I want to understand how the airtime distribution changes across the
mesh when turning this OFF/ON.

Which plots should we aim for?