[Battlemesh] Routing Tables of Death

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 18:00:31 UTC 2017

I have been stress testing multicast (after getting ATF to work on
unicast this past year), and ended up rolling a few tools that let me
abuse it in the case of meshy routing protocols.

Last night's effort is called "rtod - routing tables of death".

The initial code is here:

https://github.com/dtaht/rtod

I hope you find the README enlightening. Emphatically, do not run rtod
on a production mesh network. I did. Multiple times. It took hours to
fix.

I'd like to add conf files for various daemons (bmx, batman, olsrr)
that will both enable this tool - and, more importantly,
configurations that will filter out the routes rtod inserts.

It would be "interesting" to run stress tests like these at the next
battlemesh.

If anyone can point me at other routing stress test tools they use,
or can suggest additional features for rtod, please let me know. I
have a few features left to add to it as yet.

My intent was originally to merely to stress out wifi multicast, but....

--
Dave Täht
http://blog.cerowrt.org