[Battlemesh] V10 call for volunteers

Albert Rafetseder albert.rafetseder+v10 at univie.ac.at
Tue Mar 28 15:53:08 UTC 2017

Hi Battlemesh list,

I'm writing to say "thank you!" to all of the volunteers who contacted
us on and off list to offer their support. Your help is much appreciated!

The talks agenda, streaming setup, first hardware and monetary
donations, and ideas for mesh experiments are shaping up, so now I would
like to invite you to boldly claim other tasks that need an owner or
two. (My original email, reproduced below, has a few ideas, and we'd
love to hear any other input you can provide.)

In particular, please help spread the word about Battlemesh V10! Mention
it to your local community, point everyone to our wiki page [0], and let
us know when you did so we can celebrate you :-)

Previously, the question arose what the tasks for managing endorsements
are. Well, here is an incomplete yet inspiring list, courtesy of our
kind mentors:

"""
Endorsers promote the event in a more active way within the community
and they will show as supporters/endorsers of the event.

- Update the endorsement template as required [1]
- Review the v9 list of endorsers [2] and re-send the invitation for
endorsing the v10 edition
- Contact those previous endorsers and possibly find new ones
- Set a deadline for an answer
- Ask for a high-resolution vectorized logo for the poster
- Keep an updated list of the endorsers at the wiki
"""

(I may add that you, cherished potential endorsement volunteer(s), are
invited to sync with the organization team on any matter whatsoever.
Don't feel left alone!)

Lastly, please keep the talk proposals, participation registrations and
requests for accommodation (if any) coming. The accommodation package
registration [3] expires in a little more than a month.

Best regards,
  Albert (for the local org team).

[0] http://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV10
[1] http://battlemesh.org/EndorsementTemplate