[Battlemesh] Last call for WBMv11 location proposals

Filipe Borges Teixeira filipebteixeira at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 23:21:14 UTC 2017

Hi Battlemeshers,

On the last days of WBMv10 in Vienna, we have collected some interesting
location proposals for the 11th edition of the Battlemesh.

Following Paul's e-mail on July, we have received some information
regarding:
* Netherlands (Thijs, Iwan) - not confirmed yet
* Weimar (Basti, Bernd) - not confirmed yet
* Italy (Claudio)
* around CERN Switzerland/France (Nefeli) - not confirmed yet

If you are reading this e-mail and would be interested in hosting WBMv11,
please provide us (or complete your previous proposal) the following
information:

 * Describe your proposed location (city, venue)
 * Introduce yourself and your team or community
 * Tell us about the facilities (rooms, internet access), accommodation
options (expected package price), hackerspaces, etc
 * Tell us about travel options, e.g. nearest international airport, bus,
train
 * Do you plan to have organized food, are there restaurants nearby, etc?
 * What kind of social events could be organized?
 * Preferred times - from the discussions we had at the end of WBMv10,
Mai/June was the most consensual time

Please send us your proposals no later than Oct 22. After reviewing all the
possible locations, the mentor team - Claudio, Paul and myself - will set
up a recon visit and announce the final decision.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Have a nice week!

Best Regards,
Filipe Teixeira